Many years ago, almost twenty years ago now, I did a lot of C64 coding. Many projects were started and only some got to a stage where they were completed. After discovering the C64 scene, on this and other websites, was very much still alive I decided to find my trusty old C64 and development disks to resurrect their contents. I remember some of these projects taking fifteen minutes to assemble and link on the C64 with 6510+ and a 1541 drive. With the advent of home PCs being quite common and readily available cross assemblers/compilers it has been possible to take old code from decades past and port it to these new development platforms. Hence the title of this page being Resurrection. Alien Resurrection for the PSX was also one of my favourite projects I had the pleasure to code on, so Resurrection is a word that has a special place in my silicon heart. :)
As time permits this archive will grow as more of these old software projects are extracted from the 5.25“ floppy disks and persuaded to start working. Most of these projects had no documentation, no build notes and some were lost due to the disks becoming partially unreadable. Forgive me for the sloppy development standards, I was very much younger at the time. :) Some things might be useful to some people, other things may be interesting from a purely historical point of view. Some code is even recently written in an enthusiastic burst of energy sparked by digging through my old code.
I've gone through most of the projects and removed old copyright notices but if there are some hanging around then please ignore them. All of this code is now free for anyone to use however they wish.
Updated source code is available at Github C64Public
Updated source code is available at Github ACME
Updated source code is available at Github Electronics
Older source is here: The archive is available from here resurrectionforcodebase64-10.zip
Decompress the files in this patch over the top of the main archive. scrollerpatch10-1.zip
The C64 source mostly uses ACME with a couple of tweaks, it will assemble cleanly with an untweaked version of ACME. As can be seen from the archive I use Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 workspace and project files to manage the assets and build tules for each project. This allows me to use a tweak I applied to ACME (source available on this site) so that when there is an assembler warning or error the Visual Studio IDE will take me to that warning or error by pressing F4. A useful feature to have. :) This version of ACME will also output a label file suitable for VICE to load in the monitor, which allows easier debugging of large projects with symbols. The projects in the archive use source from different projects organised into common libraries, whic his why uploading the whole archive makes sense rather than updating lots of separate project archives.